Protect Yourself – and Your Financial Information During the Holidays
The holiday season is a time for travel, shopping, and dining. It’s about spending time with family and friends, sharing the joys and warmth of this magical time of year. And sadly, it’s also a time when fraud and identity theft are on the rise.
What you can do to protect yourself
In addition to the safeguards and sophisticated technology we employ to monitor transactions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, here are a few steps that you can take to protect yourself this holiday season and every day.
Monitor your account activity
- Check your card, loan and account activity regularly through FREE Online Banking, FREE Mobile Banking, FREE Phone-24, or your monthly statements.
- Let us know if and when you will be traveling this holiday season, so that we are aware of purchases or transactions that are outside of your regular account activities.
- Notify us immediately of loss, theft or unauthorized use by calling (800) 556-6768.
Take advantage of our security services
- Set an account password – an extra layer of protection in addition to the identity verifications we already require for account access.
- Sign up for FREE Mobile Banking, so you can block your cards right from your phone (or your PC with Online Banking).
- Make sure you’re receiving eStatements so your personal information is not sitting in your mailbox. You can sign up through Online Banking.
- Sign up for eAlerts so you can be notified immediately of large credit card purchases, loan transactions, available checking or credit card balances, non-sufficient funds, mailing and email address changes, and more.
- Protect your online purchases by adding a personal password to your Visa cards for online shopping. Simply enroll in Verified by Visa® at Visa.com.
- Activate an ID theft protection plan through IDShield®. We offer member discounts for monitoring services, and more importantly ID Restoration assistance if you become a victim of identity theft. Sign up at firstus.org.
IDShield is a product of LegalShield, and provides access to identity theft protection and restoration services through an exclusive relationship with Kroll Inc. Neither IDShield nor First U.S., their officers, employees, or sales associates directly or indirectly provide identity theft protection, restoration services, or advice.
Make Your Season Bright with a Holiday Loan from First U.S.
Deck the halls. Buy some extra gifts. Visit family and friends. The choice is yours with a little extra cash from a First U.S. Holiday Loan. You’ll enjoy a low rate, an easy repayment term, and no application or processing fees.
With a First U.S. Holiday Loan, you can:
- Borrow up to $1,200
- Take up to 12 months to repay, and
- Save with an APR as Stop by your local branch today, or call us low as 8.9%
Stop by your local branch today, or call us low as 8.9% at (800) 556-6768 to kick off your holiday season with a little extra cash. Act soon.This offer is good until January 31, 2018.
Stop by your local branch today, or call us low as 8.9% at (800) 556-6768 to kick off your holiday season with a little extra cash. Act soon. This offer is good until January 31, 2018.
Enjoy Staying Home for the Holidays With a First U.S. HELOC
There’s nothing like home for the holidays. And it’s a great time to make sure you and your family stay comfy and cozy – all year around. With a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) from First U.S. you can prepare for winter, finance your happy holidays, head to a warmer destination, or add that extra room you’ve always wanted.
Enjoy one of the lowest payment equity lines around
- Save money with a low 2.99% APR for 3 months, then rates as low as Prime + 0%
- Enjoy the Flexibility of our 20-year Draw and Repayment Period
- Save even more with No Annual Fees and No Closing Costs
Get your home ready for the holidays now. Just stop by your local First U.S. branch, visit firstus.org, or ask to speak with a Real Estate Specialist at (800) 556-6768.
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and offer is effective 11/1/2017 and subject to change without notice. APR is variable and based on Prime Rate as published in The Wall Street Journal (currently 4.25%). After introductory rate period, minimum APR 3.99%; maximum APR 15%. $499 opening fee for 2nd trust deeds or $799 for 1st trust deeds (waived if $5,000 initial advance is taken and account remains open for 3 years). Certain restrictions apply. Appraisal fee may be required. Owner-occupied, CA properties only. $200,000 maximum loan amount. Not available for purchases as a first mortgage, or to refinance an existing First U.S. loan. Payment example: 3 monthly payments of $5.54 for each $1,000 borrowed during intro period, then 237 monthly payments of approximately $6.25 for each $1,000 borrowed. If only minimum payments are made, a balloon payment will result.
Y.E.S. Club Winners for the 2nd &
3rd Quarters 2017
Congratulations to our Y.E.S. Club award winners for the 2nd & 3rd Quarters of 2017, Joshua T. of Rancho Cordova, CA, Dayla S. of Citrus Heights, CA, Rebekah L. of Grass Valley & Amanda B. of Grass Valley. All the winners have received a $25 deposit to their savings accounts.
The First U.S. Y.E.S. Club is for members from 0-17 years of age. Each quarter, two lucky Y.E.S. Club members each receive a $25 deposit to their savings account.
Entering the drawing is easy – simply deposit $10 or more to the account each quarter, and you’re registered for the drawing.
Call us at (800) 556-6768, visit one of our branches or visit us online at firstus.org to open a Y.E.S. Club account today…now is the best time to start saving for the future!