Energy Efficient Loans from First U.S.
Making a difference by helping keep energy affordable
Improving your home’s energy efficiency can help you save money on your utility bills for years to come. Upgrades, like installing new windows, sealing leaky ducts or updating to an efficient heating and cooling system, can make a big difference in your home’s energy consumption and your overall comfort.
Developed by the State of California to help residents finance energy improvements, a Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) from First U.S. might be the right fit for your needs.
About the First U.S. Residential Energy Efficiency Loan
- Loan amounts from $2,500 up to $50,000
- Terms up to 15 years
- Rates as low as 3.49% APR
- Approval within 24 hours
- Offered to residents of 12 California counties and to Federal employees throughout California
Note: REEL financing does not cover solar projects.
|Term||APRs as low as|
|1 - 36 months||2.95%|
|37 - 60 months||3.49%|
|61 - 120 months||4.49%|
|121 - 180 months||5.49%|
You must choose an amount between 2500 and 50000
|Total cost of Loan|
Loan amounts under $10,000 must be paid off in 5 years or less.
You must finance at least $10,000 if the loan period is 10 or more years.
You must finance at least $15,000 if the loan period is 15 years.
- Finance up to 60 months for amounts under $10,000.
- $10,000 minimum loan amount for 10 years.
- $15,000 minimum loan amount for 15 years.
- 70% of the loan must be eligible for Energy Efficiency Measures (EEEMs) approved by the State of California, such as heating and cooling, insulation, air sealing, lighting or dual pane windows. See what's eligible
- The remaining 30% of the loan can finance other efficient home improvements, if your electricity provider is not listed below.
- Your contractor must be listed as a REEL Participating Contractor as of the project start date. If your preferred contractor is not listed, ask your contractor to visit gogreenfinancing.com to find out how to enroll as a REEL Qualified Contractor.
- Property must receive gas and/or electric services from , Pacific Gas & Electric, San Diego Gas & Electric, Southern California Gas, or Southern California Edison.
For additional information on the REEL program, please visit gogreenfinancing.com.
First U.S. does not endorse or encourage the product, services or participating contractors.
Annual Percentage Rates (APRs), terms, offers effective 04/22/2021 and subject to change. APR includes 0.50% discount for auto payments. Income, credit and other criteria will determine actual APR, which may be higher. Payment example: 60 monthly payments of $18.19 per $1,000 borrowed. eStatements are required, or a statement fee may apply. Cannot be used to refinance an existing First U.S. loan. $25 savings required for membership.
Personal and Secured Loans
Whether you need funds for debt consolidation, the opportunity to take that once-in-a-lifetime vacation, education expenses and more, we have a personal loan that can be customized for your needs.
Choose a lump sum or a standing line of credit. A First U.S. personal loan is different with easy access by ATM, check, Online and Mobile Banking, or of course, in person at any of our branches.
Access your First U.S. line of credit as a lower cost option for overdraft protection on your checking account.
Put your savings to work for you when you use your savings or certificate account as collateral on your loan. With a secured loan, you’ll save every day with some of our lowest loan rates.
Why pay high retail store rates when you purchase your next computer? First U.S. can make a difference in your wallet with a low-rate computer loan that can help you be high-tech without the high rate. Or finance any need with almost any collateral with a low-rate title loan.
Break the loan cycle with Quick Cash – our new payday alternative loan.
Are you stuck in a payday loan cycle? We can help.
Borrow $300 from a payday lender. There's a fee, usually 20% of the loan amount. So you write a check for $360 to the lender (the $300 you're borrowing, plus the 20% fee).
Then in two weeks, they cash your check – and you're done.
Or are you? Many borrowers end up rolling the loan over, and paying an additional $60. In just one month, many people end up paying $120 to borrow $300. That's a 520% annual percentage rate!
With our Quick Cash Loan, you can avoid all of these and save with:
- No credit check
- One, low $20 application fee
- Terms from one to three months
- Loans from $200 to $500
- A competitive 28% short-term APR
Quick Cash also comes with a copy of Right on the Money, a great financial literacy resource, with tips, tricks and best practices when it comes to managing your money.
APRs, rates, terms and offers accurate as of 04/22/2021 and subject to change without notice. Non-refundable $20 application fee per loan application. Only one open/active loan at any time. Maximum 6 Quick Cash loans per year. (Maximum 3 in a rolloing 6-month period.) Direct deposit of net payroll is required. Payment example: 3 monthly payments of $34.91 per $100 borrowed.