Protect Your Cards Online
One of the many convenient features of your First U.S. VISA or debit card is that we employ highly sophisticated technology to monitor credit and debit card activity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to alert you of possible fraudulent activity.
Here are just a few tips to help prevent fraud when using your cards online – or anywhere for that matter.
- Never provide card or account numbers when requested by email. We won’t contact you and then ask for your account number or Personal Identification Number.
- Check your card activity regularly – in fact, you should also verify loan and account activity regularly through Online Banking, Mobile Banking and/or Phone-24.
- Review your monthly statements for unauthorized transactions.
- Notify us immediately of loss, theft or unauthorized use by calling (800) 556-6768.
- Keep your devices and home networks updated to ensure that you have the most up-to-date protections.
- Shop established businesses online, or know the local merchants you can trust online.
- Keep your passwords secret by selecting a combination of letters and numbers, and though it’s convenient, use different passwords online. If you use the same password for most of the sites you visit, the risk is that thieves can access more of your information by cracking a single password.
First U.S. Services That Help Protect You
- Sign up for FREE Mobile Banking, so you can instantly block and unblock your cards right from your phone (or your PC with FREE Online Banking).
- Sign up for FREE eStatements so your personal information is not sitting in your mailbox.
- Sign up for FREE eAlerts so you can be notified immediately of large credit card purchases, loan transactions, available checking or credit card balances, non-sufficient funds, mailing address changes, and more.
Talk to a Member Service Representative today if you would like help setting up additional protection for your personal or business accounts.